Psalm 42:1
As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.
Please continue praying! We love you!
This week Jerry is having his third round of the Vidaza chemotherapy here in Greenville, It has been a little rough on him, especially with his blood counts being low and not being able to be around anyone. He is considered severely neutropenic right now and very susceptible to infections.
The chemo takes a lot out of him. I miss seeing that sparkle in his eye, but he works hard at keeping his spirit up.
He has really missed seeing the grand kids. They always brighten him up. Also as you know it's deer season. Next to me and his family and preaching - his favorite thing to do is hunting. I keep telling him that next year the deer will just be bigger and have bigger antlers. But I know he misses it. From the opening day until the last day, whenever he got a chance, he would head out in his Ford Ranger more excited than a kid at Christmas. I miss hearing all of his big deer tales and about the one that was just in sight, and how good it made him feel just to be in a tree stand. I also miss taking pictures of all his trophy deer.
A few years ago, I wrote this poem for him.
A Mighty Hunter Is He
A great and mighty hunter is he
Or at least he wants to be.
Every year when the season starts
I know where lies my husband’s heart.
He rises early to dress like a tree
In hopes that the deer won’t be able to see.
I take a shower so I’ll have a good smell.
He takes a shower so he won’t have a smell.
And none of this really makes any sense.
Because then he sprays himself with scent.
And I hear the language about scrapes and grunt.
And about the poor deer who are in a rut.
And all of this I try to understand
And pray he doesn’t fall from his stand.
And whether it’s deer, rabbit, or dove.
I have to share my husband’s love.
But then the season will close at last.
And the camos are a thing of the past.
But watch out Thumper and Bambi too.
Because next season he’ll be a hunting you.
Written by the wife of a true hunter
-Patricia Rice
.
He knows right now, the most important thing is to get the treatment so he can get the transplant and have a lot more years of seeing grand kids, preaching, and hunting.
![]() |
| November 2003 |
Please continue praying! We love you!

Still praying...
ReplyDeleteWe love and are praying for you both! What an encouragement you are to me! Love & prayers
ReplyDeleteLisa Aldridge