Tuesday, August 7, 2012

He's Still In My Tomorrow

It's hard to believe that it has been two weeks since my husband went to sleep in my arms and woke in the arms of Jesus.
The last two weeks have been a whirlwind with the funeral and the memorial service.
But yesterday I think the reality of it all started sinking in. I was back home in an empty home where memories of Jerry still linger. I can almost imagine him at times sitting in his recliner looking over at me, telling me he loves me.

Sometimes I sit here and ask God, "What do I do now?" People think I'm a strong person, but right now I'll admit my heart becomes fearful at times.
But, I have no complaints. God blessed us this past year more than I can imagine. We saw the love and kindness of family and friends and we saw the wonderful grace of our Lord and Savior.
I tell myself each night that God is still in my tomorrow, leading the way; and that each day He will give me the grace and strength I need for that day.

Lamentations 3:22-23
 It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. 
They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

5 comments:

  1. God bless you. Our family still prays for you at family devotions.

    Sam & Anne Harris
    Preston, Danielle and Nathan

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you, Mrs. Rice and are still thinking about you each day and praying!
    Love, Rhonda, Kevin, & Stephen Parker Oakes

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you and are praying for you!
    Allan and Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Trish- You are in my prayers continually. Wish we lived closer. If you feel like calling, please do any time. 270-676-8962 or 270-704-4431 cell. Lôve and miss you... Flo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so good to see you again.
    I think of you daily and pray for you. Call any time if you want
    270-691-9711 Cell 270-929-4699. Love you Beverly

    ReplyDelete