Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Oh How He Loves You and Me

I am so thankful for the love that Jerry and I shared through the years.
As Valentine's Day is approaching, I can't help but to feel a sadness; knowing that this Valentine's Day will be a lonely day without the person that I have loved for so many years.



A couple of weeks after Jerry had passed away I was going through some papers by his chair. I found a letter that he had started writing me. He never finished it. Ever so often I like to read it. I won't share all of the letter, because it is something very personal and special to me.

I would like to share the first two lines:

     "I am writing this so you will never doubt or forget my love and appreciation for you. You have been my best friend and I have loved you since I was 15 years old."
 
This unfinished letter will be my Valentine from Jerry this year.
As I read it, I'll be reminded of the love that we shared together.
 
As I'm reminded of how much Jerry loved me, I think about Jesus, Who had even more love for me.
He has shown His love over and over to me - through happiness and tears.

One of my favorite songs is "Oh How He Loves You and Me"

Oh, how He loves you and me,
Oh, how He loves you and me.
He gave His life, what more could He give;
Oh, how He loves you, Oh, how He loves me,
Oh, how He loves you and me.

Jesus to Calv'ry did go,
His love for mankind to show.
What He did there brought hope from despair.
Oh, how He loves you, Oh, how He loves me,
Oh how He loves you and me.

Oh, how He loves you and me,
Oh, how He loves you and me.
He gave His life, what more could He give;
Oh, how He loves you, Oh, how He loves me,
Oh, how He loves you and me.
 
-Kurt Kaiser

Happy Valentines Day

May your day be filled with happiness and love and shared with the person you love the most.


1 comment:

  1. Oh How I know he loved you and still carries that love for you, with him in heaven. your and Jerry's love shone through brightly in your relationship. You set a wonderful example of love, marriage, and family. Thank you for your love, unselfish committment, and all the blessings you bring to us.
    Happy Valentines Day to my Dear Friend & Sister...I love you

    ReplyDelete