God is Good - All the Time. No matter the situation or circumstances or trials that we are going through - God is good.
I write this blog with a heavy heart. Before I came home from my summer adventure, I learned that my brother-in-law, Bob Rice, had lung cancer. He was the brother that was Jerry's donor for the bone marrow transplant. I'm so thankful for his willingness and love for Jerry that he didn't even hesitate to be the donor. Bob gave me a few more months with my husband which I probably wouldn't have had.
Bob's lung cancer is very aggressive. Today we learned that it had gone into his pancreas and lymph nodes. We are still hanging on to hope. Hope and faith gets you through the dark days.
Bob is like my brother. We all grew up together. My brother and Bob always hung out together and were in the same class. We were just a bunch of kids growing up in Newburgh, Indiana living on a little road called Clover Drive, out in the middle of nowhere.
We all had futures we were looking forward to, all of us wanting a better life than what our parents had. The best thing I can tell you is there was a time that Bob and his wife, Julie, accepted Jesus as their saviour.
Please pray for Bob and his wife, Julie. Pray for comfort and strength. My heart is breaking for them. Like Jerry and I, Bob and Julie had planned on retiring and growing old together.
| Christmas of 2012 Back - left to right - Norman, Steve, Bob Front - left to right - Janine, Gary, Pat, Julie, and Jennifer in front. GOD IS GOOD - ALL THE TIME |
Hi Pat, yes God is good all the time and I know it is in these times and more that he carries us through. Even tho it doesn't always feel like it we do know he is. We covet prayers for Bob and Julie's comfort, peace, and healing. And prayers for the rest of us for strength, peace, and to know how to be of help and support for them. We love you so much...XOXO
ReplyDelete