This is my third Valentine without my husband.
Part of me wants to just sit here all day and feel completely sorry for myself. But that's no fun! So I decided to be thankful for all the love I have had and still have.
Valentine's day is more than the love of a husband and a wife. There are so many different kinds of love in this world. It's the love that we have for one another. It's the love we have for our family and for our friends.
I'm so thankful that I have known the love of a husband. We shared a lot of valentines together. I still have every valentine card that Jerry ever gave to me and a lot of wonderful memories.
But I still have so much love in my life. The love of my family and of friends. Especially the love of God.
John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
So I went for a walk today for a couple of hours and now I'm going to fix me a grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup and watch Hallmark Valentine movies, because Valentine's Day is still a wonderful day that I enjoy.

I know you miss Jerry so much. I hope you always feel his love in your heart. What a good attitude to take and sharing the good feelings you have helps us too. We Love you to the moon and back Trisha Rice. XOXO
ReplyDelete