Sunday, October 16, 2011

In A Holding Pattern



Our youngest son, Mark, loves to fly. When he had his pilot's license, I loved flying with him. In the afternoons, he would rent a little two seater, one engine plane and we would go flying above Owensboro, Kentucky and over the Ohio River to Newburgh, Indiana. It was always exciting and an adventure.

The first time I flew with him, I was so excited. It was a Birthday present to me. But what I didn't know  was that Mark had never flown at night time. So while we were flying it started getting dark. It was time for him to land the plane, but since it was the first time flying at night, he got disorientated with the lights, which is easy to do,  and he could not find the runway.

Well we were in a holding pattern for a while. I was trying to figure out how long we could stay up in the air and was praying that we had plenty of gas. Maybe we could fly around until morning when we could see better. Or maybe another plane would fly by and we could just follow it. I was a little scared, but I kept very quiet and just prayed. Before long my son said, "There it is, Mom. I see the runway." I was so happy. His Dad was suppose to fly with him that night, but he decided he would wait until another time.

We were in a holding pattern and a state of delay. That is what we are in now with Jerry's leukemia. Jerry is going through a series of chemo treatments and transfusions, waiting until we are cleared for a landing.

One day the doctors are going to say you are cleared for the transplant. Your counts are where they need to be. Please be praying toward that day for us. We still have good days and bad days. We still serve a wonderful Savior Who is still the Pilot of our plane.

1 comment:

  1. I pray that the day for his trasplant comes soon. GOD is in control.

    ReplyDelete