The past few days have been very different. I am definitely out of my comfort zone. It's a little bit scary. I'm driving in a place I have never driven in before (Durham traffic can be crazy) and living by myself for the first time in my life. The evening is the very hardest. They will not allow me to stay all night at the hospital with Jerry, so I have to come home to our apartment.
But we are so thankful, we have a very nice apartment here in Durham. I really have no complaints. The Lord has been so good to us.
I get very mad at myself when I feel afraid. I think about all that Jerry is going through at the hospital. All I have to do is find my way from A to B without getting lost plus find my car each night in the parking garage. (I have watched too many movies - I know what can happen in those parking garages) So on the way out to the parking garage and driving home each night, I sing the song from the Veggie Tales-
God is bigger than the boogie man.
He's bigger than Godzilla,
or the monsters on TV.
Oh, God is bigger than the boogie man.
And He's watching out for you and me.
He's bigger than Godzilla,
or the monsters on TV.
Oh, God is bigger than the boogie man.
And He's watching out for you and me.
I know God is watching out for us. I'm always so amazed at even the little things that God works out for us. Jerry is excited and upbeat about getting the transplant. I am so proud of him. He has one more day of chemo tomorrow and then on Wednesday, they will let him rest. On Thursday they will do the transplant. Please be praying.
II Timothy 1:7
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
| Jerry doing physical therapy so he'll be strong when they do the transplant. |
For The Lord Your God will be with you where ever you go. You are both in our prayers for strength, courage, healing, and peace. We Love you so much
ReplyDeletePraying for you & Dr. Rice!!!!
ReplyDeleteStephen Parker loves that song... he was singing it just the other day!
We miss you!
Love,
Rhonda, Kevin, & Stephen Parker
I so admire you. I don't know that I could do any driving in Durham. But, I guess we never know what we can do until it is time to do it. I do know that our LORD can help us with anything we have to do. I am praying that all goes well so that your husband can get his transplant on Thursday.
ReplyDeleteTomorrow is the big day! I will be praying for you through out the day. I know God is in control. I know he is able to do great and mighty things. He has shown us He is able. Praying also for Patricia and the new experiences you are encountering.This verse has helped me whether I was undergoing surgical procedures in my life or staying home alone(I watch to much TV also). I like to picture God holding my hand and it helps. "Fear not for I am with thee, be not dismayed for I am thy God, I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; Yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." Isaiah 41:10 I love you both! Mary
ReplyDelete