Like most people, my whole life has been watching my weight and sometimes passing up the best part of the meal - dessert. Sometimes I feel like I'm missing out on all the good things in life.
I told my husband on my 80th Birthday (many years from now), I'm not going to care any longer how much I eat. Who's going to care anyway what I look like when I'm 80. I'm going to go to the store and buy all the good things that I don't buy now because I have no will power. I'm going to buy all the butterfingers, bags of crunchy cheetos, tubs of vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, whip cream, bags of pretzels, a whole watermelon, a dozen of chocolate covered cream filled Krispy Kreme donuts, and everything else that I deprive myself of now. I'm going to eat and eat and eat until I can't move. I'm going to have fun.
Sometimes now if we go out to eat, I'll eat my dessert first, because I know if I don't I'll be too full and won't be able to eat dessert later. Also I have a motto - "Remember the Titanic." All those poor ladies that probably passed up dessert on that fateful night. They could have had dessert. They missed out.
I think dessert is more than a bowl of vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup and extra whip cream. By the way that's one of my favorites.
I think dessert is more than a bowl of vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup and extra whip cream. By the way that's one of my favorites.
I think dessert is all the good things in life. It's holding a newborn baby in your arms, a hug from your husband for no reason, watching your children laugh and play, being with friends and family, listening to music that touches your heart, the sound of the rain. It's enjoying all the seasons and how each season expresses it's own talent. Spring with it's beautiful blooms, summer with the warmth of the sun, fall with all the pretty colors of leaves, and watching the snow falling on a winter's day. It's watching a beautiful sunset that says it's been a good day and all is right in God's world.
We need to enjoy all the desserts of life now and not pass them up.
We are so thankful for all the wonderful blessings that God has given us.
We are so thankful for all the wonderful blessings that God has given us.
I want to be invited to your 80th birthday!!!!
ReplyDeletePLEASE!
Beverly
Mrs. Rice,
ReplyDeleteI enjoy reading the updates from you. Please tell Dr. Rice that we said hello and we are praying for both of you.
Love,
Vicki Park