Yesterday, we heard the words that we didn't want to ever hear. They told us that there wasn't anything else they could do. And anything they try would probably be of no effect.
It was so hard hearing those words. We knew it was a possibility, but you always have to hold on to a little bit of hope.
They told us the best thing for us to do now is to go home and enjoy our family. And we are looking so forward to being home. It's been a long three months.
We'll be heading back to Greenville Saturday morning. Duke Clinic has already contacted Jerry's oncologist in Greenville and we already have an appointment for Monday.
They told us the cancer was just too aggressive. The transplant had grafted, but the cancer was stronger than Jerry's brother's cells. His brother's cells are losing ground and Jerry's cells are taking back over.
He'll have to go to the oncologist in Greenville once or twice a week and receive transfusions of blood and platelets to keep him going. Eventually they told us that Jerry would be too tired to even do that.
They told us we will need to contact Hospice. They said we will not need them right away, but it's good to go ahead and get acquainted with them.
Our hearts are broken. We know death is a part of life and we are so thankful that we have that blessed hope of knowing we have a home in heaven.
We love you and you'll never know how much every prayer said for us and words of encouragement, and your support and love have meant to us.
Please continue to pray for us and our family to have strength for the days ahead.
II Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee:
for my strength is made perfect in weakness.
Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities,
that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Praying...
ReplyDeletePraying for you both too.
ReplyDeleteWhen all else fails, all we can do is pray and hope that a miracle is in our future...Aleise Barron
ReplyDeleteLots of Love!
ReplyDeleteI will pray for peace, love, and very little pain. I wish that I could visit and that we could talk. You put up one awesome fight and I am proud of you. I love you. I am not giving up on a miracle!
ReplyDeleteKim
We are still praying to God for a miracle. We know that God is in control and knows all things work together for good. We love you both and will keep you in our prayers. Gail and Ron
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear your news. We will continue to pray for both of you and for a miracle from God. We love you both. Mark and Vicki
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for the two of you daily!!! Our God is an AWESOME God.I love you very much. God can do anything but fail.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Jana
Praying for you and your family. God is a God of miracles and we will continue to pray for such. We love you.
ReplyDeleteRoyce and Ann
Praying for you every day.
ReplyDeleteDonna & Mark
You have the prayers of Heritage Prep and Tabernacle Baptist. May God give you both His perfect peace and power.
ReplyDeleteI have had you both in my thoughts and prayers every day since the beginning. I have seen God do miraculous things since June, and I still believe He is the God of miracles! Our God is great! Great has been your strength and faith in Him. I pray for God's perfect will in His plan for your life. Know that I am here if you need anything. I love you both and hope to see you soon. Love, Mary
ReplyDeleteLove you and your family with tears...
ReplyDeleteJerry and Debbie