One of our little grand daughters always liked jumping in my arms. She would be standing on stairs, the porch, the couch, or someplace else and all of a sudden here she would come flying through the air knowing that I would always catch her. Most of the time I was unaware of what she was fixing to do. But she always had that trust in me that I would always catch her and wouldn't let her fall and get hurt no matter what. It use to scare me to death. Thankfully, I never once dropped her.
She's bigger now and I'm a little bit older; and I'm afraid if she tried it now both of us would end up on the ground.
I thought about all that trust she put into me catching her and always being there for her. She was fearless because she knew how much I loved her and would try to protect her.
I was thinking of God's arms. Always there to catch us and to protect us. The words to the song, "Leaning On the Everlasting Arms" says it the best:
What have I to dread, what have I to fear,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
I have blessed peace with my Lord so near,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.
We arrived home on Saturday morning. It had been a long three months away from home. We were filled with a lot of emotions. It was a little overwhelming. But, being at home sure is great. We had missed friends and family so very much.
She's bigger now and I'm a little bit older; and I'm afraid if she tried it now both of us would end up on the ground.
I thought about all that trust she put into me catching her and always being there for her. She was fearless because she knew how much I loved her and would try to protect her.
I was thinking of God's arms. Always there to catch us and to protect us. The words to the song, "Leaning On the Everlasting Arms" says it the best:
What have I to dread, what have I to fear,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
I have blessed peace with my Lord so near,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.
We arrived home on Saturday morning. It had been a long three months away from home. We were filled with a lot of emotions. It was a little overwhelming. But, being at home sure is great. We had missed friends and family so very much.
Jerry had hoped to go to church Sunday morning, but on Saturday he started breaking out in hives all over his hands and knees. They were very itchy and painful. On Monday when we went to the oncologist, he put Jerry on prednisone. They are sure it is a mild case of the Graft VS Host Disease from the transplant. The prednisone caused his blood sugar to go up and I had to start giving him insulin shots. But his hands are so much better. Jerry is scheduled to go to the hospital Monday for a blood and platelet transfusion.
We are trying to get back into a routine. Most of all we are trying to enjoy each day. Little things that we use to worry about just don't seem that important right now.
We know a lot of people are still praying for a miracle. We appreciate the prayers and all the love and support. We know God loves us and is in control of whatever happens in our lives. We know that God's arms are everlasting and there to catch us and protect us.
Dueteronomy 33:27a
The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms:
We love you and please continue praying!
Isn't our Lord wonderful!! We know He cares for us and always has our best in His mind and heart. It is during these times most of all that we can see Him in the everyday things of life - things we might otherwise miss. You are both in my thoughts and prayers now more than ever. I love you and thank God for your testimonies. Bro. Dean
ReplyDeleteI hope the hives are better and you got to go to church today. I know God has you in his arms. He has plans for you. You are blessed. Love, Kim
ReplyDelete