Ever so often, I need to remind myself that God is in control. That He's already in our tomorrow walking one step ahead.
We've had some very interesting days lately.
We are so thankful. Jerry does not have Graft Versus Host Disease.
We got part of the pathology reports back. He has gastritis, peptic ulcers, and acid reflux brought on by stress. (That's hard to believe. There's nothing stressful in our life)!!!
Jerry's hemoglobin was also low today. They had to give him a transfusion of red blood today.
They are concerned about his red blood count going down. At first they were going to put him in the hospital, but after the transfusion, his red blood count remained stable. Jerry did not want to go back into the hospital.
Needless to say, we won't have any days off from the clinic for a while. They want to give Jerry pepcid every day through his IV and try to get his stomach better. Also they want to monitor his blood counts closer.
This is really going to be exciting! - I get to start giving Jerry insulin shots every day. He is on oral medicine for his diabetes, but it is not keeping it in control.
Our nurse is a brave soul. She let me practice giving shots on her arm. I don't think I would like being a human pin cushion. She said I did good. She told me to think of something bad Jerry did every time I have to give him a shot and it won't be so hard.
We do have a wonderful God. Thank you for praying.
praying still..
ReplyDeleteWe pray for you everyday. We miss you guys. Ralph and Glenda Whitehurst.
ReplyDeletePrayers are being sent!!!
ReplyDelete