I Peter 5:7
Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
When our boys were young, one of my favorite time of the day was bedtime. Not because they would be going to bed and the house would be quieter, but because I got to have a special prayer time with each one of them. Once they were in bed, I went and tucked them in and spent some alone time with each one of them. They told me about their day, problems they might be having, and anything else that was worrying them. I know to a grown up, a child's worries seem so trivial; but to them, it's huge. They had tests at school, concerns about friendships, maybe they were having trouble with another kid bothering them.
We would play the Light Bulb Game. I would pretend I had a big light bulb. As they told me their prayer requests and worries, we pretended to put them in the light bulb. The light bulb would get brighter and brighter as we filled it with all of their problems and worries. Then we would bow our heads and pray. I would then pretend to turn out the light bulb and all of the worries and problems would be gone. They were able to rest then and sleep knowing that they had turned out the light to all their problems. They had given them to Jesus.
I was thinking if I could have that faith of a child. I pray, but I keep on worrying. I know that God is good and He says to cast all of our care on Him because he careth for us. But even after I turn out my light bulb, it's still flickering a little.
Please be praying for us to have an encouraging week.
Jerry's blood counts will come up.
His platelets and red blood count will stay up.
His stomach will start to heal.
His appetite will return.
That we'll have good results from all of the tests.
We love you and appreciate all the prayers and love.
Praying for all your prayer requests.
ReplyDelete