2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee:
for my strength is made perfect in weakness.
Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities,
that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Our Pastor, Tim Butler, had asked Jerry to preach Sunday night. Jerry was so excited and a little afraid because he wasn't for sure how strong he would be. But we prayed all week that the Lord would give him the strength to be able to preach and share God's word even if it was just one more time.
I know I'm his wife, but I was so proud of him.
The title of his message was "What If God Says No." Sometimes God doesn't give us what we want, but He does promise that His grace is sufficient to handle His will for our life. We rejoice in all His love, watch care, and tender mercies to us.


Brings to mind so many good memories. I am so happy to see your boys and their families with you two. Nothing like grandkids to put big smiles on ones face.
ReplyDeleteBeverly
I heard that it was a great sermon. GOD is so good!!
ReplyDeleteWe thank God for the strength He gave him. It was so good. Really have not heard such a heart warming and true message as you are going through this. It is one thing to say it, but yet another thing to go through it. Praying for your family. Loved all the pictures. Love you Ruth
ReplyDelete