Monday, August 13, 2012

Today's Adventure

I did it! I did it! I had to get vehicle titles transferred over to my name, so I went to the courthouse in downtown Greenville all by myself. For me that is quite an adventure. We have lived here in Greenville for a little over four years and that is the first time I have been to the downtown area. I even saw the local library building.
Each day I try to work on a little bit of business that has to be taken care of. There are things that Jerry always took care of or we took care of them together, so it's been a little different. I appreciate so much the help that our son, Neal, has been.

It's the beginning of  a new chapter to my life. It will contain pages full of new adventures and experiences I have not had to deal with before. Some of the pages will be filled with lonely times, some with fear, and some with victories.
I know that the times I feel lonely and afraid, God is always with me. He'll give me the strength I need.

Joshua 1:9 
 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid,
neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

5 comments:

  1. I am so proud of You. You like myself had a wonderful husband to take of you. I understand how this accomplishment was so exciting for you.
    Praying that God gives you added strrength each day.
    Love You
    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Beverly said.... proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord! Still praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're still such a blessing to me. Please pray for the family of Rodney Pritchard. He went home to be with Jesus yesterday after battling cancer. He left behind a wife and two precious girls. One is in her second year of college and the other one is still in high school. He was only 52 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still think of you often and pray for the Lord to give you strength.

    ReplyDelete