Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Wonderful Friends


Last week I had a nice visit with some great friends from the wonderful state of Kentucky, Perry and Judy Newcom. Judy and I stayed up past midnight every day talking. It was a good time. Please pray for Judy. She has chronic leukemia and has had to undergo chemo treatments the past few months. They are good friends who have meant a lot to me and Jerry through the years.

My days seem strange. It's almost like I'm not a whole person. It's hard to realize how much I had relied on Jerry for just little things. He was my encourager. I'm really a very shy person. He gave me courage to do things that I wouldn't have done on my own. And he was always there to help make decisions. I do not like making decisions. That's the hardest thing for me. 

The other morning I thought I don't have to make decisions on my own. I have a God who loves me that I can pray to every day, who hears my prayers, and is in control. 

I love you. Please continue praying for me.

Psalm 121:2
My
help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.


3 comments:

  1. Our Dear Pat, you are in our thoughts and prayers every day for strength, peace, and courage. You have had to make so many decisions as of late and you've done wonderful. I know God is by your side every step of the way and though we might live far away we are by your side every step of the way too. We Love you so very much...XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dear friends, the Newcoms are in my prayers too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing great Pat . . . . I know Jerry would be proud of you. We pray for you every chance we get. After living that long together how can you not feel like you are missing a part of you. We are glad you are staying here in North Carolina. Enjoy seeing you at church too with those sweet granddaughters of yours. Neal is a different story. LOL j/k Neal. Love Bruce and Ruth Hangosky

    ReplyDelete