Friday, May 10, 2013

Out of the Mouths of Babes

My grandchildren add so much laughter and joy to my life.  They are so honest.
 
One day one of my grandsons, Gavin, told me that when I died I was going to be in the ground for a long long time because I had "Lines and Dots" and that meant that I was really old.  The other day, Hayden told me that I was old because I had "Dots."
For you who don't know what "Lines and Dots" are - it's "Winkles and Age Spots."
I keep telling them the "Dots" are freckles.
I'm so thankful for hair coloring. I don't know what they would say if they saw the gray hair along with the "Lines and Dots."
 
I think I'll start telling them that the dots are wisdom spots. As I get older, I become wiser and the dots show how smart I am. I wonder if they will believe me.
 
 
 Proverbs 9:10-11
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.  For by me thy days shall be multiplied, and the years of thy life shall be increased.
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Sure they will and they will probably repeat it to their own grandchildren when they start getting lines and dots.. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat, You are the youngest MeMe in heart that I have ever met, even with the lines and dots. I would just tell them that those are decorations. The older we get the more decorations God gives us...I love you so very much...

    ReplyDelete