Monday, July 29, 2013

Back Home Again In Indiana

BACK HOME AGAIN IN INDIANA
by Ballard MacDonald and James F. Hanley

Back home again in Indiana oh it seems that I can see
That gleaming candlelight still burning bright
Through the sycamores for me
That new mown hay sends all it's fragrance
From the fields I used to roam
Oh I dream about the moonlight on the Wabash
Then I long for my Indiana home.


 

As I traveled to Indiana from Ohio Friday, I thought I would just take my time and stop a few places along the way.
I love Indiana. As you drive through it, all you see for miles and miles are farms and green fields. 
I pulled off the main interstate 64 and stopped at Lincoln State Park. It had always been one of my favorite places. I can remember all the times Jerry and I would walk through the woods and enjoy the nature and solitude. It is full of deer and it seems like if you listen, you can hear every bird in the woods.
Lincoln State Park is where Abraham Lincoln grew up. There's a cabin and working farm which is a replica of where Abraham Lincoln might have lived. It is where his mother is buried. They also have a memorial of Lincoln's original cabin site. It's just a beautiful and peaceful place to visit.



































1 comment:

  1. Such a wonderful blessing having you close to home this summer. We so loved getting to spend fun times with you made our summer great. We love you lots

    ReplyDelete