Sunday, July 27, 2014

After The Storm

Birds sing after a storm;
why shouldn't people feel as free to delight
in whatever sunlight remains to them?
Rose Kennedy 
 
 
I'm in Cincinnati at this time. During the night I awoke with the sound of thunder and the lightening brightening the sky.  I loved the sound of the rain.
 
This morning when I finally woke up, I heard birds singing outside. Their songs were so beautiful. The storm had stopped. I heard their morning songs as they flew around. The earth was fresh and green.  I heard a dove in the distance cooing and a woodpecker hitting its beak against a tree beating out its morning melody. They had survived the storm.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I think of all the storms a person goes through in their lives. But isn't it wonderful after the storm has passed. The birds sing and praise God and thank Him for the morning. We need to sing and praise God for the morning. We need to praise Him for all the storms of life He brings us through. Praise Him for His love.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment