Thursday, July 24, 2014

Making Summer Memories

It feels like summer is going fast. I've been making a lot of good memories this summer.
I was able to spend some time with my Dad. I always feel good after I see him and make sure he is doing okay. He's settled into the Nursing Home. Please keep praying for him.
I also saw other family and friends while in Indiana.


My Dad, John Knight

Alexis, Gavin, (2 of my grandkids) and I flew out to Texas to see my youngest son, Mark. While we were there, he received a good report from his doctor. His body scan and blood tests showed no sign of the cancer. He doesn't have to return to the doctor for three months. I am thanking the Lord for answered prayer. I am a very happy Momma.
 
Waiting at the Airport
 
 
San Antonio Zoo

Mark and Gavin
 


Mark and his wife, Maria with Gavin, Alexis, and Leslie

After getting back to Evansville, Indiana and spending a couple of days, I packed up and headed to Ohio to see my two sons there - Scott and Aaron and their families.

Scott and Lisa

 
Aaron, Evan, Emma, Jackie, and Elena
at the Cincinnati Zoo


My trip will soon come to an end and I'll be making my way back to North Carolina.
My favorite vacations are the ones I spend with my family.

I awoke this morning remembering that two years ago my husband, Jerry, went to be with the Lord. Sometimes it's still hard thinking about it.  I know my sons still have a hard time with it also. I know that one day I will get to see him again in Heaven. 

I'm still not for sure what the Lord has planned for my life. So for right now I get up every morning and do all the things I know I have to do and know the Lord is in control.

The hardest part is I really miss having someone to grow old with. 

So thankful for friends and a great family who love me.



No comments:

Post a Comment