Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Ooooohh!! My Aching Body!!

Monday morning I started a project. My air conditioner had leaked into my small bathroom and the wood laminate floor had swollen and needed to be replaced.
Well, I thought I can do that !  I helped my husband before. It's not that hard. So I got my pry bar and hammer, pulled the trim off the baseboard and starting pulling up flooring. All went well except for around the toilet. I didn't want to remove the toilet and I could not get that flooring from around the toilet, but I was determined. Finally out it came.
I thought peel and stick tiles would be the easiest. It was a little bathroom, it wouldn't take very many and I could save some money. All went well and this morning I finished laying the floor. I hammered back the trim, painted it and it looked nice, but I didn't think about the toilet. There it was - about a 1/2 inch gap between my toilet and the floor and my toilet is rocking.
I know - the Internet. You can find out how to do everything on the Internet. They said use shims and caulk it. Well it was taking a lot of shims and I figured it would take a lot of tubes of caulking to fix that gap. So I quit for the day!
I try to do things myself. I forget that my body is getting older and isn't as strong as it use to be. When my husband and I did projects, I was probably 25 years younger.
So I got a shower, took two Aleves  and I'm sitting on the couch hoping everything quits hurting.
And I'll think about the bathroom tomorrow - As Scarlett O'Hara from Gone With The Wind would say, "After all, tomorrow is another day."

No comments:

Post a Comment