Saturday, September 20, 2014

September's Almost Gone

I think I'm a little nostalgic tonight. I feel September is a fleeting month soon to be in the past.
I know these moments of time will never come again. It's almost like the past is growing and the future is shrinking.
I know I have a wonderful life full of great friends and a great family and I know that in this life, I couldn't have asked for more.

 
I Couldn't Have Asked For More

I sit here and think of all that I have seen
And the memories I made in places I have been.
I think of every sunrise that wakens up the world
Along with every sunset with colors all a twirl.

I've got to stand on mountain tops and see the world below.
Enjoy the peace and stillness while walking thru' the snow.
I watched the flowers grow as they came alive in spring.
And saw the pretty colors that only fall could bring.

I've held my newborn babes tight within my arms
And wished that I could keep them safe from any harm.
And someday when I'm drawing nearer to heaven's shore
I know that in this life I couldn't have asked for more.
 
- Patricia Rice


I am blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Trisha, what a beautiful poem and wonderful sentiment. You have a beautiful way with the written work. We love you Jen and Steve

    ReplyDelete