This morning I realized I am becoming a creature of habit. I think that's a sign that I'm getting older. I remember my husband's mom. She was in her 80's and she had to do everything the same way.
She counted out how much fruit we gave her. She had to have 4 grapes and 3 strawberries. She ate 1/2 of a sandwich. Her proportions on her plate had to be just the right amount. You didn't dare buy her a different brand than she used. Her things had to be turned the exact way she wanted them. If you dusted for her, you had to put everything exactly in the place that it was. And every morning she watched The Price Is Right. When it was on, you did not call or bother her. Any change just really threw her off.
I realized that every morning I wake up, drink 3 cups of Folger's 100% Columbian coffee - black with a little half & half (NO LOW FAT). I watch Good Morning America. When I'm finished drinking my 3 cups of coffee, I eat one piece of toast with butter and Simply Fruit seedless blackberry jelly.
Now that's a creature of habit. I need to shake things up. How do I do that?
I know - instead of blackberry jelly, I'll try some red raspberry. At least until the jar runs out and then I'll go back to my good old blackberry.
We can't help it. I think we all are creatures of habit in one way or another. We have to have certain things certain ways and if they are not the way we are use to, it bothers us.
One thing we can depend upon never to change or cause us a shake up in life and that is Jesus.
Hebrews 13:8Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever
No comments:
Post a Comment