It's strange how just a little thing can bring up memories from the past. Sometimes it's a song I hear, a season, the feel of the air. Today it was a smell. I was going through a box and there was my husband's cologne. I had forgotten that I still had it. There were several different bottles. I opened up his bottle of English Leather. Jerry had worn English Leather in high school and when we were first married. He had bought some a few years ago just for nostalgia.
Well you know what happened next - the tears started coming. I could still remember after he would hug me, the smell of English Leather would linger all day.
And then I started laughing. When he brought it a few years ago, he thought I would really like that. For some reason, the smell just wasn't the same. In fact, I kept hoping he wouldn't wear it. But it was fun trying to bring back the past.
I know I will probably still have some sad days. But I'm so glad for the good memories. I believe our memories make us who we are.
So we need to live our lives and make lots of good memories!
June 1967 - We had been married a week.
We were so young.
My teased hair do - I look like I'm wearing
a football helmet.
GOOD MEMORIES!!!

Aww, this picture is such a wonderful memory, along with the English Leather cologne. I happen to like your beehive hairdo. Thanks for delighting us with some great memories. I love you so much. XO
ReplyDelete