Thursday, October 22, 2015

Sleepless in North Carolina

It is 3:18 a.m. For some reason, my brain will not turn off. It is thinking about the past, present, and future.
I tried to watch some television, but I'm not into infomercials. And forget home shopping networks. I'm afraid I would get addicted. I could watch the news all night, but a brain can only handle so much politics and tragedy.  Rod Sterling's "Night Gallery" is also on. There is no way I'm watching that at 3:00 in the morning by myself. I would get scared.
Tomorrow morning when I have to get up and get going, my body is going to rebel. I guess when you are retired you don't have to be on any kind of schedule.
Even though it has been over three years since my husband passed away, I still feel so very lost sometimes. It is hard to get on with your life, especially when your life was being a wife and a mother. I am no longer a wife and even though I'm still a mother, my sons are grown men with their own families to raise and care for. And that is the way it should be. We tried to raise our sons to be independent and teach them when they get married their families become their priority.

The clock is nearing 4:00 and just maybe my mind will relax enough that I can get some sleep.  After all I do need my "Beauty Sleep."

I kept the title of my Blog as "God Is Already In Our Tomorrow." It was about our journey through the world of cancer and believing that no matter what God was in control of our lives and He knew what we would be facing.

I know God is still in my tomorrow. I need to trust Him more in my life. He already has my future planned for me and He is still walking ahead of me preparing the way.

Good night and hopefully sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment