Yes, that is us. Over 44 years ago. I know you ladies are envious of my Spiderman glasses.
I was so happy being Mrs. Jerry Rice. Lately the vows we repeated to one another have became very real.
A couple of weeks ago a lady from Duke Hospital called with a survey. She wanted to ask the caregiver, which is me, this whole list of questions. Really the questions upset me.
Examples of the questions:
"Do you feel like you have given up your life to take care of your husband?"
"Do you feel that everyone has pushed his care on to you?"
"Do you resent having to take care of your husband?"
"Are you emotionally prepared to take care of your husband?"
Finally I told her - My husband and I have been married for over 44 years. I take care of him because I love him. That's what husbands and wives do. No one makes me do it. I don't do it because no one else will or because I have to. I haven't given up my life to take care of him. He is my life and it's my privilege to be able to care for him.
When I was through, she was about to cry and said that we were very lucky to have one another.
It isn't luck, it's prayers, love, and the grace of God.
Genesis 2:24
Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother,
and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

I loved your answer to all her questions!
ReplyDeleteWe love you! Still praying for you both. Thank you for your answers to the survey questions. What an example of love!
ReplyDelete- The Blease family
What a beautiful testimony of your Love for each other. And such an awesome answer to the survey questions. We are praying for you both so much. We Love you both with all our hearts.
ReplyDeleteLove the wedding picture. Praying for you diligently. God is good all the time and your example of love for each other is such a blessing. Beacause of Calvary, the Hangoskys and our love to the both of you!
ReplyDeleteThat is So precious! Love to both of you!!
ReplyDeleteLisa Aldridge
Pastor Ken Cash sends his prayers to you. There are lots of people in this community that love and pray for you both. What a wonderful example you are to all of us. We will be continually holding you up in our prayers.
ReplyDeletePat,
ReplyDeleteGood for you! That lady's questions would have upset me too. This is typical of the self-centered world in which we live. I know Jerry appreciates your love so much. He has told Dale how grateful he is for you. Stay strong. Your Kentucky friends, Dale and Dorothy
P.S. Love the wedding photo!
I love your comments about caring for your husband. It is a privilege to provide care to each other. I don't know what I would have done over the years if I had not had Steve to care for me. Knowing that everything he has done for me was from his love made it a special time in our lives. The questions were upsetting to me even though I know why she was asking them. Praying for you. Love Mary.
ReplyDeleteAMEN!!! Those were the best answers you could have ever given. I love to see Dr. Rice when he walks into the church or school!! We love you both. BTW...Those glasses are fasionable.
ReplyDeleteLove you
Jana Stephens