Wednesday, September 14, 2011

One Baby Step

We like to play the game "Mother May I" with our grand kids. We'll say take one giant step forward or take two baby steps backward, hop on one leg. And if they forget to say "Mother May I?" they have to go all the way back to start.
Yesterday we got to take one baby step forward. We woke up yesterday and prayed the Lord would just give us a little hope yesterday, just something we could grab hold of. Jerry went to have his blood count checked and "Praise the Lord!" his platelets were up 4 points. They hadn't dropped. That doesn't seem like a lot, but it was that one baby step we needed to give us a little bit of hope. And a lot of baby steps add up to one giant step.
And also, God answered another big prayer for us yesterday.

IT WAS A GOOD DAY!!!!!


Our next step will be Wednesday, September 21. Jerry has an appointment at Duke to have a bone marrow biopsy. The biopsy will tell us for sure how the leukemia has progressed. We know God can do great things.


Thank you for all your prayers, love, and support. We love you!

2 comments:

  1. Praise God for the baby steps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I praise the Lord that I saw Bro Rice speak from the pulpit again! I looked through tears of joy! I praise the Lord for the lady at the SS office and how things have worked out there. I praise the Lord for 4 points,and how those 4 points make such a difference in your life. God is so awesome! These are some big steps! Thank you Lord!! Praying for Wednesday! Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete