Saturday, September 10, 2011

Seasons of My Life


It was three months ago yesterday since Jerry was first diagnosed with leukemia. It seems like it has been a lifetime. And there is still so much uncertainty about our future and what the Lord has planned for us. We know that this is one of the seasons of our life that we must go through and that God has a purpose for it.

To every thing there is a season,
and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
Ecclesiastes 3:1

 
SEASONS OF MY LIFE

Young and innocent, fresh and new,
Life is beginning with so much to do.
It’s just the start, for I’m in my spring,
Oh, how exciting what life will bring.

Then comes my summer all bright and full.
The days are long and time’s never dull.
I’m as a flower in it’s full bloom,
But oh the days pass all too soon.

And then my autumn is here at last
So full of nostalgia for days long past.
If only it’s beauty could always stay,
But all too soon it slips away.

The days grow short and wither away
As winter is here and it seems so gray.
But I have no fear as my winter ends,
Because a new spring is going to begin.

An eternal spring waiting for me
For with my Savior I’ll always be.

- Patricia Rice


 
We ask that you pray that we'll be strong and have good courage and faith through this time.


3 comments:

  1. We are praying for you courage, strength, and peace.
    We love you both. Gary & Nean

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you were in church this morning. I sorry I missed seeing you. I think of you alot and want to visit you. I don't known what is a good time. I am praying for you both and your family. I know God will give you the strength you need to get through this journey. I look at you as being so strong already! I think you both are steadfast and know that God is in control. He has provided the armor for this battle and He will overcome. Have a peaceful rest. Hope to see you soon. I love you, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to see you both these last two Sundays!! You are such an encouragement to us all! Stay strong and lean on the Lord. We pray for you daily and love you lots!

    The Aldridge's

    ReplyDelete