Sunday, June 24, 2012

Memorable Evening

I was having a hard time deciding what to get Jerry for Father's Day. The last month he has been giving away all of his belongings to different people. He kept telling me he didn't need anything.

One day Kyla wanted me to make her a lantern like the ones on the movie "Tangled". I had no idea how to make a lantern, so I looked it up on the internet. I found a place that sells them and you can actually set them to soar into the sky. They are called Chinese Wish Lanterns.
I decided that would be a great present for Jerry. The thing that makes him the happiest is watching his grand children laugh and have fun.

It didn't work out for us to do it while the family was here, because the wind didn't cooperate with us. It has to be below 5 mph. Well last night the wind was only 3 mph. Our adventure began. We sat Jerry in a lawn chair and Neal had to do the work, because the rest of us were afraid we were going to catch something on fire. But after reading the directions a dozen times and watching videos on how to do it we were ready. It was so great. I told the girls they were part of a fairy tale. It was so exciting to watch the lanterns as they floated into the air and floated off into the distance until you couldn't see them any longer.
As I watched them float off into the distance, I knew I didn't have to make a wish. I knew our God already knew all my wishes and prayers. And as Rapunzel says, "It was the BEST DAY EVER."









  
I did want to give you an update on Jerry.  He still goes weekly for blood transfusions and platelets. Each week we can tell he's growing a little weaker and the transfusions aren't lasting as long. Some days he sleeps a lot. But he does have some good days and we treasure every one that the Lord allows him.  One of the hardest things for Jerry is not to be able to go to church. Usually by Sunday, his blood is low again and he's too weak.

We still covet your prayers and appreciate all the love and support.
We love you!!

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful father's day present. I'm sure Jerry enjoyed seeing the laterns heading off... still praying for y'all !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. trhe lanterns were beautiful. What a memory! Missed you at VBS tonight. It didnt seem right. Neal did a fabulous job as always. I had 11 children the first night! Thanking God for the privelege to serve Him. This was the best part of my day. Hayden said her bible verse tonight (with a little help) and was so excited that she had done so. God is so good to us! Praying for you daily. Love you both. See you soon. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful way to spend father's day! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a wonderful idea! The family will always remember the laterns. I hope Jerry had a great Father's Day. I miss you and him so much. Praying daily for the both of you.

    Love
    Jana

    ReplyDelete