Friday, November 2, 2012

Amish Country in Ohio

 

When I was in Ohio, I had the chance one day to go to Amish Country. It was a  fall day and my son, Scott, and I had a great time.
I would have a hard time living like the Amish. I like electricity, driving cars, television, and all the other modern conveniences of our time. But, they sure can make delicious foods like pretzels and kettle corn;  and they do beautiful woodworking.
We had to drive through an old covered bridge to get there.

 
 


 


Making Kettle Corn





 
I want to thank everyone for all their prayers and love. Please pray for me as the holidays are approaching. I know each first (first Thanksgiving, first Christmas, etc.) will be different, not  celebrating them with Jerry. I'm so thankful for a God who loves me and who will give me the strength I need for each day.

2 comments:

  1. We are so glad that you got to go and have this good experience. We prayed that this trip would be a true blessing for you and a time of healing. So thankful that you had a good time and a fun time. We love you lots!!!

    ReplyDelete