I want to thank the men and women who have served throughout the years to protect our country and to give us our freedom.
The spring before Jerry got sick, we had a chance to go to Washington, D.C. One of the most memorable parts of the trip was seeing the different armed services memorials and visiting Arlington Cemetery. I kept thinking about the mothers who lost their sons, wives who lost husbands, children who lost dads.
| Arlington Cemetery |
| Tomb of the Unknown Soldier |
I was born two years after World War II ended and three years before the Korean War. I grew up hearing war stories. Jerry and I both had dads and other family members who served their country.
![]() |
| Ernest Layman, Jerry's Grandpa World War I |
![]() |
| Jerry's Dad, Norris W. Rice World War II |
![]() |
| My Dad, John Knight World War II |
Something I'll never understand is what makes a man fight for his fellow country men, people that he doesn't know. What makes a soldier sacrifice their lives so that we can have the freedom that we have today.
Then I remember an old rugged cross and a God who sacrificed His only Son to battle death and hell so that we might have the freedom from our sins and eternal life.




Great Post!!
ReplyDeleteAWESOME!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful tribute to the Veterans and our family. We love you
ReplyDelete