Friday, January 11, 2013

Home Again

I made it home from my trip on Wednesday evening. It was a strange drive home. I had planned on using the GPS on my phone, because my other GPS is out of date and I didn't like the way it wanted to take me. 
 I'd been driving about an hour and I lost service on my phone. For almost an hour and a half I was without service. I had to go back to using my regular GPS which was really confused by the way I was going and kept telling me to turn around. But I kept going on Highway 73, a two lane highway in Southern Ohio that travels through farmland and small, almost deserted little towns with buildings long boarded up. I kept thinking maybe I would see a McDonald's or something familiar. 
I grew up watching Twilight Zone, so I was sure I had driven into another dimension. I just kept praying I wouldn't break down along this long stretch of highway. And then finally civilization - Walmart and a McDonald's. And my phone had service again. 

So thankful for God's safety and the prayers of friends and family.

The trip was really great.  One of the blessings on my trip was getting to see my grandson, Gavin, baptized. 

My grandson, Gavin, getting baptized

My son, Mark, with Alexis and Gavin 

 Isn't the love of Jesus something wonderful!!! 

1 comment: