Today, June 9th, would have been our 46th Wedding Anniversary. Also it's the 2nd anniversary of when we found out Jerry had acute leukemia.
I'm so thankful for our 45th anniversary that we were able to celebrate together. I remember it as if it were yesterday. In our hearts we knew that it would be the last anniversary that we would celebrate together here on earth. Each day Jerry had been growing a little bit weaker.
We had planned on just a quite evening and I was going to go pick us up something for our dinner that night.
Around 3:00 in the afternoon, Jerry said, "Go get ready. We are going to go celebrate."
He had been resting all day trying to get up enough strength for us to go out to eat. I drove us to Outback and I managed to help him into the restaurant. We sat across from each other, with tears rolling down our faces. Our minds were full of thoughts of all the years we had spent together and what a fulfilling life God had given us together. All of our adventures, and ups and downs, raising four boys, getting to welcome grand children into our lives, all the friends we had made. God had blessed us so much through those 45 years.
When we returned home, I knew he was so tired. He sat and rested a little bit.
We had a tradition and every year on our anniversary, in the privacy of our home, we would always dance a slow dance together. He said, "I think I owe you a dance." We held each other and danced our last dance that night to the song, "I Love You For Sentimental Reasons."
It was a great day.
I'm so thankful for all the blessings that God has given me and for all the wonderful family I have.

I am thinking of you today and all the times we shared on our anniversaries. Bobby,Ruth,Mike,Donna and you guys. We had some great times.
ReplyDeleteLove you
Beverly
Sweet, sweet, post !!
ReplyDelete