Thursday, July 11, 2013

Remember The Alamo!

One of my favorite places to visit in San Antonio is the Alamo. It's considered a shrine to the men who gave their lives trying to win Texas' independence from Mexico.  
I grew up hearing stories about Jim Bowie and Davy Crockett. They were a couple of my heroes. I knew every stanza of The Ballad of Davy Crockett. 
I hope my grand kids have good heroes. When our sons were growing up we tried to encourage them to have missionaries and great men of God as their heroes. I believe that having the right kind of heroes is very important.


My son, Mark, and grand kids, Alexis and Gavin




















I am so thankful for the time I was able to spend with Mark, Alexis, and Gavin.

1 comment:

  1. You look like you are making wonderful memories.
    I miss Mark and all the times Heather picked on him. I didn't know someone could turn so many shade of red.
    Love you guys
    Beverly

    ReplyDelete