I always get excited about the first Christmas card I receive for the year. It is like looking forward to something special in the mail and finally it arrives. It says to me, "Christmas is here."
As you know, I am too nostalgic. I still have Christmas cards from family and special friends that I have saved throughout the years. One of my most special Christmas cards is from my Grandma, "Mammy." It was mine and Jerry's first Christmas and she had written a three page letter and included it in with the Christmas card that she sent us. I still have it.
And when I was a little girl, I can still remember Bing Crosby singing, "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas with every Christmas card I write."
As I sit here making out Christmas cards, I hope the tradition of sending Christmas cards never fades away.
I love you and hope everyone is enjoying all the many traditions of the Christmas season.
And please don't forget the most important part of Christmas - the birth of the Baby Jesus. His birth has changed hearts for over 2000 years with the love and the hope He brought.
Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment