This week I was reminded again that GOD IS ALREADY IN OUR TOMORROW.
My youngest son, Mark, who lives in San Antonio, Texas had been having some health issues. Tuesday he went to the doctor and of course, they have to wait for test results. Wednesday morning they called him at work and told him the words that strike fear into the strongest of men - "You have cancer." When he called to tell me, I didn't want to believe it. I kept telling Mark, it's not going to happen. It's going to be okay. I have to believe that it's going to be okay. I called his brothers and some other people and asked them to please pray.
The doctor acted right away. They sent him to a specialist that day to run more tests and scheduled him for surgery on Thursday. The doctor told Mark that he was afraid the cancer had already spread into his kidneys. The cancer that he has is the most treatable if they catch it in time, but the most rapid spreading cancer if they didn't. It was so hard not being there. Mark asked me please not to come there, because he didn't want to worry about me. It's was hard. I wanted to hold him and love him and pray with him.
They did the surgery late Thursday afternoon. Mark told me that before the doctor operated he had all the people in the operating room hold hands and the doctor prayed. When I got the call from his wife, saying they were pretty sure they had removed it all and it hadn't spread to his kidneys, I had the best Christmas present a mother could ever want.
Mark still has a away to go. He will have to have some chemo and also there were a couple of small places on his lungs.
Please pray for Mark.
Pray for his recovery from the surgery.
Pray for the pathologist reports.
Pray for the doctors to have wisdom.
Pray for Mark to have comfort.
Pray for complete healing.
And also pray for a mother who knows that God loves us and is in control, but still has a lot of fear sometimes.
He goes to the doctor Monday afternoon for all the reports and to find out what the next steps are in his treatment.
I know GOD IS ALREADY IN OUR TOMORROW
I have a Father, the Master of time
He holds the world in His hands
He looks from heaven and sees where you are
Arranging your life in His plans
Preparing you now, unfolding the way
To all your tomorrows and whatever you face.
He's already in your tomorrow
He's walking one step ahead
Whether it's joy or it's sorrow
He'll do just what He said
He'll never leave you lonely
In the land of the great unknown
He's already in your tomorrow
Don't be afraid, keep pressing on.
Often you struggle, looking ahead
Dreading Tomorrow it seems
Embracing the present, forgetting the past
Giving up on your dreams
You're stranded between your faith and your fear
Yet no matter the conflict, the future is clear.
He's already in your tomorrow
He's walking one step ahead
Whether it's joy or it's sorrow
He'll do just what He said
He'll never leave you lonely
In the land of the great unknown
He's already in your tomorrow
Don't be afraid, keep pressing on.
| Last Thanksgiving in San Antonio with Mark and his kids, Alexis and Gavin |
No comments:
Post a Comment