Monday, October 13, 2014

Why did God create FIRE ANTS?

Have you ever seen anyone do a fire ant dance?  There's a lot of jumping up and down and slapping of your feet and legs.
I can remember my first encounter with these little creatures. We had moved to Florida and I was cleaning up the yard when I started feeling these little stings. I thought how could something so little hurt so bad. My son, Neal, had told me about fire ants. He had several encounters when he did landscaping in Florida.
I'm from Indiana. We did not have fire ants.
Then when we moved to North Carolina, I found out they also resided in this state.
Today I went to the cemetery to change flowers on Jerry's grave and I was standing there and all of a sudden I was doing the fire ant dance.  I'm getting pretty good at it.
 
I know that everything God created has a purpose. I hope it's an important purpose that they have, because that is one creature I can do without. This song reminds me - God made all creatures great and small - even FIRE ANTS!

 

 

All Creatures Great and Small

From Hymns for Little Children
by (Mrs) Cecil Frances Humphreys Alexander (1848)
Music: Royal Oak, arranged by Martin F. Shaw (1915)

All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful:
The Lord God made them all.

Each little flower that opens,
Each little bird that sings,
He made their glowing colours,
He made their tiny wings.

All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful:
The Lord God made them all.

The rich man in his castle,
The poor man at his gate,
He made them, high or lowly,
And ordered their estate.

All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful:
The Lord God made them all.

The purple headed mountains,
The river running by,
The sunset and the morning
That brightens up the sky.

All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful:
The Lord God made them all.

The cold wind in the winter,
The pleasant summer sun,
The ripe fruits in the garden,
He made them every one.

All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful:
The Lord God made them all.

The tall trees in the greenwood,
The meadows where we play,
The rushes by the water,
To gather every day.

All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful:
The Lord God made them all.

He gave us eyes to see them,
And lips that we might tell
How great is God Almighty,
Who has made all things well.

All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful:
The Lord God made them all.

1 comment:

  1. we have fire ants everywhere... sprinkle one hill and another one springs up... I think we need to import some ant eaters... :)

    ReplyDelete