Monday, August 17, 2015

Texas

I just returned from a visit in San Antonio, Texas. I love San Antonio, but the weather this time was HOT!!! 
It is still one of my favorite places. The best part was spending time with my son, Mark, his wife, Maria, and two of my grand kids, Alexis and Gavin.
We weren't able to do a lot of adventures, because of the hot weather, but we still had the best time ever. We ate, had water balloon fights, ate some more; Mark, Maria and the kids went swimming, we went ice skating, we ate some more, went shopping, played sardines, ate some more and did a lot of laughing.
If laughter is the best medicine, we should be the healthiest people in the world. We laughed, laughed, laughed, and laughed some more. 
One day while they were at Schlitterbahn (a huge water park), I ventured out on my own. Driving in San Antonio can be a little intimidating. It's the seventh most populated city in the United States.
I went to a mall and walked around. I also went into Saks of 5th Avenue. I felt really out of place in my $4.00 shirt and $6.00 capris from Walmart. But I took time and looked around. I found a dress that I really liked, but I could not find the price tag. All their price tags were hid inside of the dresses. I found it and about passed out. It was on sale for $2390.00.  The regular price was $2990.00. Needless to say, I did not buy me a dress. To even try it on, I probably would have had to give them my driver's license or made a small deposit. And it was just a plain dress, but it had the fashion label AKRIS on it.
I told my grand daughter, I have caviar taste on a hot dog budget.
The best part, we had a lot of fun and made a lot of good memories.
 

The Long and Short of It




Another First
Eating Crab Legs for the first time.  YUM!
 









Ice Skating. I made it around twice (holding on to the wall)
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment