Friday, July 31, 2015

The Countdown Song

Our church is having Vacation Bible School this week. I still have as much fun as the kids. It's fun watching them get excited.  One of the songs they sing each night is The Countdown Song.

Somewhere in outer space
God has prepared a place
For those who trust Him and obey.
Jesus will come again
And though we don't know when
The countdown's getting lower every day.

10 and 9, 8 and 7, 6 and 5 and 4,
Call upon the savior while you may.
3 and 2, coming through
The clouds in bright array
The countdown's getting lower every day.

42 years ago, after I was saved, and the first summer I helped in Bible School, this was one of the songs we would sing.
I still remember it.
The part I remember most was after we would sing it, we would say this verse.
 
"And if I go to prepare a place for you, I will come again,
and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there you may be also."
John 14:3
 
I'm so thankful that God is preparing a place for me in Heaven.
 
Pray for Bible School this week and that they'll be decisions made.
 
"It is almost the easiest thing in the world to lead a child from
5 to 10 years of age to a definite acceptance of Christ."
-R. A. Torrey
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment