I went to Triple D Produce Stand today and got a watermelon and tomatoes. Guess what I had for supper. Watermelon and a tomato sandwich.
The watermelon had seeds. It was so juicy. The ones with seeds are the best.
There are two things you should not eat in public. Watermelon and barbecued ribs.
They should be eaten in the privacy of your home or among friends so you can let the watermelon juice run down your chin and your elbows and spit the seeds if you need to. And with ribs you can chew the bones clean. You don't have to be polite. You can be as messy as you want.
Of course, every summer meal needs to be topped off with a bowl of homemade vanilla ice cream.
Oh how I long for the good old days of summer.
Grilled food, corn on the cob fresh out of the fields, new potatoes, fried green tomatoes. And then playing in the water hose, red rover with friends, hide and seek, and catching lightning bugs.
Summer is so great.
No comments:
Post a Comment