Saturday, July 11, 2015

Summer In Pictures






My son, Aaron, posing as Forrest Gump. 
 
 
"My momma always said, Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."
 
When I was little, I liked squeezing open the candy in the box to see what it was. I did not like nuts or coconut.
It's good that we don't know what we are gonna get out of life. We might not look forward to every day being a new adventure and be excited about what each new day will bring.
 
 


 
 
 I'm always a little anxious when I first start out for my summer adventure and excited at the same time. I was blessed to see all of my family, a few friends, plus some great memories made.
 
Two of my grandchildren - Alexis and Gavin

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My son Mark with Alexis and Gavin
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
My friend, Dorothy Taillon
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Western Kentucky Botanical Garden

 











 
 
Jennifer Barron
 
The Blue Angels In Evansville, IN















 
 
 
 
 
 
My adventure is continuing as I head to Ohio to see the rest of my family.
 
 
There were also a few sad memories while visiting in Indiana. A long time friend, Ruth Anglin, passed away while I was there. Her and her husband, Benny, (who had passed away several years earlier) had been like parents to us. Thankful I'll get to see them again in Heaven.
 
Also, I was able to visit my good friend, Judy Newcom. Please pray for her as she is battling chronic leukemia. She's a wonderful lady. Her and her husband, Perry, have been a blessing in my life.
 
Like I said you never know what life is gonna give you. But I'm so thankful that I have a God who is in control.
 
To be continued................

No comments:

Post a Comment