Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 5

Today is Day 5 and his blood count is dropping as expected, so the chemo is working. Day 10-14 are the most critical. He'll be most susceptible to infections. Since this is new ground for us, we are trusting the Lord day by day for his strength, grace, and courage.

Lamentations 3:22-23
It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed,
 because his compassions fail not.
They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.


I was thinking of a song we first sang in Vacation Bible School at a little church we both attended when we were in grade school.  I have never forgotten this song, and it's words have a new understanding today.

My Lord knows the way through the wilderness             
All I have to do is follow
My Lord knows the way through the wilderness
All I have to do is follow
Strength for today is mine always
And all that I need for tomorrow
 
My Lord knows the way through the wilderness
ll I have to do is follow

Thanks again for all the prayers, support, love, and goody baskets.
We love you.



1 comment:

  1. I have been reading "yall's" blog and keeping up to date on your progress. I just wanted to let you know that you are very frequently in our fervent prayers, and on our hearts and mind. From what I have read and from knowing others that went through it, chemotherapy is not a pleasant thing to say the least.

    your brother in Christ
    Adam

    ReplyDelete