Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Note From Jerry

I wanted to add a footnote to our Blog.  In retrospect, after the diagnosis, we found that one of the symptoms of this disease is that you lose your sense of well being. This explains the struggle that I was having discerning God's will to some extent. Even when it seemed clear cut, I was afraid of making a mistake. My point is - God directed my steps very clearly even when I couldn't get peace about decisions and directions.
So now when people tell me to be strong, it's going to be okay, God is going to take care of this - I know it in theory, but it's not there as an immediate emotion. I know many promises of God, I can quote them, but the emotional peace of them is sometimes vague to me.
That's the emotional downside of this disease.
The spiritual upside is, and even the every day occurrences, I now often call on the Lord and reclaim His peace, His strength, His courage, and His hope. It's like I rediscover His goodness many times a day.

God Bless You and thank you again for your love, prayers, and continued support.

Jerry

3 comments:

  1. So happy about all the wonderful visitors that you had yesterday. I know it brightened your day. So thankful to those that brighten your day... We Love you Jerry and Pat....

    Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.
    Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you and help you.
    I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. For I hold you by your right hand—
    I, the Lord your God. And I say to you,
    ‘Don’t be afraid. I am here to help you. - Isaiah 41:10-13

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uncle Jerry and Aunt Pat,

    We love you so much! I think about you both everyday and pray for you all the time!I'm so glad that you guys have so many people come to visit you, i wish i could be there too! i love you so much and know we're all there with you!

    "Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you where ever you go. "
    Joshua 1:9

    ReplyDelete
  3. The above post is from Olivia and Aleise!

    ReplyDelete