Friday, August 19, 2011

Hope

Our son Neal and his wife, Amy, are expecting a precious baby girl in October. They told us what they were going to name her - Brylee Hope. They said because there is always hope from God in our situation.
Hope is what were holding on to right now. Hope for a cure, or if God chooses, Hope for Heaven. The last couple of days,  we have been thinking and talking about hope and today I wrote a poem about Hope. I want to dedicate this to our soon to be here grand daughter, Brylee "Hope."

HOPE

Hope is a light that shines in the dark
It is a burning from one little spark.
When you can laugh even through tears
It gives you courage from all of your fears.

Hope gets you through another day
And tells you that there’s always a way.
It makes you reach for the highest star
Even though it may seem too far.

It’s holding on to a life long dream
No matter how impossible it may seem.
Knowing that there’s a brighter tomorrow
Even though your heart’s full of sorrow.

Hope gives you the words to a song
Even when the night seems so long.
It’s knowing there’s a God in heaven above
Who is merciful and full of grace and love.
-Patricia Rice


Romans 15:13
Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing,
that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Thanks again for your love and prayers.

5 comments:

  1. Even though you have not heard from me in days, I am still praying every day for you. I love your poem. Isn't great that we all have hope in our savior! I know that Jesus Christ, our blessed hope, is in control. Without hope what do we have? Our faith will sustain us through anything. I love you both and pray that you sleep well tonight. Your grandaughter's name is beautiful. Praying for you always, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. good morning Jerry and Patricia.
    we hope your weekend will be good. Jim had to leave church last Sunday feeling very dizzy and nauseous. we carried him to the hospital and he stayed until wed. he is better now. had Vertigo and high blood pressure. I am like you- there is no place like home. and our eternal home is going to be even better. we miss you two in Sunday school class. Carlton is a good teacher. we send love and prayers, J & J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful name,beautiful Poem Love you both Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs. Rice:
    Was advised of Bro. Rice illness today. Eddie & I will remember both of you in our prayers daily. Your peoms are uplifting & encouraging. Miracles still happen!!! I've heard Charles Stanly state that anything we go through in life is a "Test of our Faith". God Bless.

    We love you. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are in my thoughts and prayers as always. And that poem Hope was just beautiful, I think we can all hold on to that word Hope! I hope and pray for the best for you and your family.
    God Bless.
    Rita Simmons
    One of Garys sisters!

    ReplyDelete