Yesterday, December 29, was a very hard day for me. I couldn't help but think that a year ago, Jerry and I were at Duke and it was the day of his transplant. We would have been celebrating his one year Birthday. We were so full of hope. I still have the HOPE of knowing that one day we'll be together again.
I am so thankful to family and friends for helping me make it through this first Christmas. I am so blessed. It was great spending time with everybody.
I continued on my trip today. I headed for the Cincinnati area. I thought I better continue with my journey before I was snowed in again. I told Neal that if the snow continues I would probably see him sometime in the Spring. The snow has been so beautiful. It has also been very cold.
One of my favorite movies is "An Affair To Remember". It stars Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr. I remember a line from the movie - "Winter must be cold for those who have no warm memories."
I'm so thankful for all my warm memories.
Thank you for sharing your making memories. I like reading and seeing your adventures.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year
Love Beverly