Six months have passed now. Sometimes it still seems unreal to me.
People will say to me "I know you wouldn't have him to come back."
Truth is, I have a selfish side. I would love to wake up in the morning and Jerry still be here, or look over at his chair and see him there smiling at me, and it's still hard coming home to an empty and lonely house. I still miss him every day of my life.
But, I am thankful that he is no longer suffering and he's in heaven. And I have the blessed hope of knowing that one day I will get to see Jerry again.
I know God's grace has given me the strength to get through these months. If I tried doing it on my own, I wouldn't make it.
God's Wonderful Grace
A grace that eases a heart full of sorrow
That shows there is a brighter tomorrow.
A grace that God gives new each day,
That gives me strength as I go on my way.
Grace that shields and guides me thru',
That lights each path that I pursue.
A grace that gives me a song to sing,
And a blessed hope on which to cling.
God's grace, God's wonderful grace,
That sustains 'til I see Him face to face.
-Patricia Rice
![]() |
| June , 2011 Jerry had just entered Duke for his first chemo treatments |

It is really hard to beleive that 6 months have passed since Jerry went to be with the Lord. I have to admit I have a selfish side too. I would love for Jerry to be back with us, only healthy and whole would do though. I have to say that you are one of the strongest Woman that I know. We pray for God's blessings upon you everyday for strength and peace to continue on your journey, for we can only imagine how hard it is. Please know that we are always here for you and Love you so very much...
ReplyDelete