Today was the second day of the alternative chemo treatment for Jerry. It is a 5 day treatment We go to Pitt County Hospital each day as an out patient. The treatment takes about 2 1/2 hours. The good part about it is that they were able to do it here in Greenville which is definitely a lot more convenient for us.
Our prayer is that this chemo drug will knock down the leukemia blasts enough that they might be able to do the transplant. Also pray that Jerry will not have a lot of side effects from the drug. So far he is doing good with it.
We are still so amazed by the way God is working in our lives. We realize as we come to each phase of the treatments, He's already working things out for us even before we know our needs.
As we were leaving the hospital today, we saw Bro. Sam Harris. What a blessing and encouragement he is.
I know we say this over and over, but we are so grateful for family, friends, churches, and all their love and prayers shown to us. Also we always look forward to the encouraging words people post on our blog.
Hi Jerry and Pat, we are so glad to hear that Jerry isn't feeling too bad from the chemo. We pray so much that this chemo treatment will work to get rid of the blasts and that the side effects won't be bad... All of the stem cell kits are on their way to Duke as of today. We pray for a match among us... You are both in our prayers for God to give you strength, peace and healing... We Love you so much. Lord Hear Our Prayers
ReplyDeletep.s. The ice-cream man just came down the street and I bought a Mug o Malt. I asked if they were still .35 cents and the ice-cream man thought that was funny...but I didn't when he said it was $4.00. Oh well for nostalgia sake...
Patricia it was so good to see you on Sunday! I continue to pray for both of you every day. I look forward to maybe seeing Bro Rice on Friday when I bring your supper. If you have a special request let me know! Hope you sleep well tonight knowing that God is in control of every thing. See you soon! Love, Mary
ReplyDeleteI am praying that this new chemo does the trick. I saw this web site and thought of you. http://hubpages.com/hub/godsfoodbroccolicurescancer EAT YOUR BROCOLLI!!!
ReplyDeletePerry asked me to ask you to please hug Hayden for him. We enjoyed our visit so much. We pray for both of you every time we see a dot. We got 3 stick on dots at Church Sunday to place in different places in the house, Right now I see a yellow dot. Each time we see a dot we are to pray. Neat idea. Love Judy
ReplyDeleteI am so thankful that God is answering our prayers. I'm also thankful that your treatments are in Greenville now. I'm sure that is much easier on both of you. Our church is praying for you and so are we. We love you!
ReplyDeleteVicki Park and family