This
year it was hard decorating our Christmas tree. Neal, Amy, and their girls came
over and decorated it for me. I was thinking how my Christmas tree is really
a memory tree. I will probably never have a designer tree with all the ornaments
and bows matching and everything color
coordinated. Instead I have a beautiful memory tree. A tree filled with
ornaments that hang on our tree from year to year. So many of our ornaments
have been gifts from people we have known through the years who have touched
our lives. Each ornament has a memory or a story to tell. I love our tree and
the memories that surround it.
This
first Christmas without Jerry is hard. I was thinking about Jerry in Heaven.
He’s celebrating Christmas with Jesus, the reason that we even have a Christmas
day.
I’m
so thankful for that little baby, Jesus, that was born over two thousand years
ago. Who came to give us love and hope.
Luke 2:10-14
And
the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of
great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the
city of David a
Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you;
Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the
angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on
earth peace, good will toward men.
I have a tree with many memories also. I am not the fancy tree type either. I still have the nail that you and Bro Jerry gave us. I hang it on the tree every year. It hangs there now and I remember all the good times we shared.
ReplyDeleteBeverly
Our traditional tree is full of the most precious memories, I wouldn't trade it for the world. We have many from you, Jerry, and the Boys that hang on our tree and bring smiles to our hearts every year. Praying that God will keep you in his arms and bless you with peace and strength. We love you
ReplyDelete