Friday, January 20, 2012

Leaving the Hospital

Jerry gets to come home from the hospital to the apartment today. Please be praying. It is a little scary. He is still so frail and weak. He has lost so much weight, his hospital arm bands fell off. Also he is still not eating very well. We're praying that being at the apartment will be more relaxing for him and will help his spirits and his appetite. I'm anxious to see that sparkle in my husband's eyes again.

The last month has been very hard on both of us emotionally. With cancer, it's not just the physical side effects that you have to deal with, the emotional ones can be as painful.

I asked the doctor yesterday, what can I tell people when they ask if the cancer is gone? He said I can tell everyone that the cancer is in remission. He said it is never cured, but hopefully it will stay in remission for a long time and Jerry can have a lot of years left ahead of him. What wonderful words to us.  It's still so hard to believe sometimes. Especially after eight months of the longest, scariest roller coaster ride of our life, we are finally where we have dreamed and prayed about. Where you all have prayed about for us.

We still have a long road ahead of us. The next two months we'll have to go to the transplant clinic every day for a couple of weeks and then as Jerry starts recovering a little bit, it will be less and less until one day we'll get to go back home to Greenville. What a wonderful day that is going to be.

We love you and are so thankful to everyone for all the prayers, the love, and support. And we are so thankful to God for His wonderful love to us.

7 comments:

  1. The cancer is in remission......wonderful words......Hallelujah! We love ya'll and are praying for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim and I just read today's report. What a wonderful day this is. I am glad the sun is shining today in more ways than one. Love and Prayers
    Juanita and Jim Hardee

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful words to hear! I am so happy for you and your family! Praise God from whom all blessings flow! Love you both, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Words to hear today. I'm praying that Jerry gets his strength back quickly. GOD is good!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YIPPEE!!!! We are SO HAPPY for y'all! God does indeed answer prayer!
    We love y'all!
    Rhonda, Kevin, Stephen Parker

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise the Lord and pass the plate ... of food that is. We have been praying for you both and think of you often. I look forward to many more great posts like this one!
    Greg, Renee, Rebecca, Josh, and Ashley Wilmore

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What wonderful news! We know better days are ahead.

    Love,
    Dale and Dorothy

    ReplyDelete