I forgot how sad the 9th floor of Duke University Hospital can be. The other day when I was in the restroom there was a woman in one of the stalls and I could hear her crying. My heart broke for her. I had no way of knowing what she was going through. And then yesterday there was an older man standing in the lobby of the 9th floor wiping tears from his eyes. Even though you know that their loved ones are getting the treatment they need, it's hard sometimes to watch what they have to go through.
It reminds me of the song "Tears Are a Language God Understands." I'm so glad He sees my tears and gives me comfort and strength when I have times of sorrow.
Psalm 56:8
"Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book?"
Jerry had a good day. He sleeps a lot from all the medicine they have to give him for the nausea ad the headaches. But the doctors say that he is doing well. Please continue to pray that the transplant will work.
Several people have requested the hospital address. It is:
Duke University Hospital
Norris Rice
2301 Erwin Rd.
Room 9202
Durham, NC 27710
The mail that goes to the hospital has to be marked "patient mail."
Our apartment address is:
4225 Larchmont Rd. #302
Durham, NC 27707
We love you and looking forward to seeing our family and church family again.
Jerry and Patricia Rice
No comments:
Post a Comment