I'm a dreamer. My mind is always full of goals I want to reach, things I need to do, places I want to go. I have a journal and the first 3 pages are lists of goals and dreams I hope to reach. Some of them are probably impossible dreams - like winning the Nobel Peace Prize. But, I have dreams of riding on a gondola through the streets of Venice, going to the top of the Eiffel Tower, seeing Scotland, riding in a one horse open sleigh through the snow, and so many more. Some of my goals I have already been able to cross off.
One of my dreams was going to Disney World. I can remember it was just 12 years ago. We were so excited. We were there standing in line before they even opened and we were probably the last people to walk out of those gates that night. I had to see it all. I was about to burst. I finally got to see Mickey Mouse. A few years later the Lord allowed us to work at Tabernacle Baptist Church in Orlando. Me and Mickey Mouse were neighbors. At least that is what I told our grand kids.
I still have so many dreams for our future. Right now they are small dreams. They are not as huge as some of my other dreams, but they are dreams that are right here in our reach. We dream of one day Jerry feeling good again and being able just to enjoy each day of our life. We dream of seeing grand kids grow up - attending their graduations and weddings. Being there to see great grand kids born into our family. We dream of going to church together again.
We dream of going to San Antonio to visit our youngest son and seeing the Alamo again and going on the River Walk. We dream of getting to go to Cincinnati to see two of our sons and their kids and eating Cincinnati Chili at Skyline or Gold Star. We dream of staying in the cabin in Sebree, Kentucky (our home away from home). It belongs to great friends of ours, the Taillons. We always stay there when we go home to visit our family. We dream of seeing family and friends again. We dream of seeing my dad again. He's 88 years old. I just want to sit in his living room and listen to his stories and go out to eat with him and just love him.
And I dream of me and Jerry going to Newburgh, Indiana. It's one of our favorite places. It is where we grew up together. It's a little river town and we're going to walk all through the town holding hands and watching the barges go down the river and go to the overlook and the Newburgh Country Store.
I really believe these dreams are near in our future.
Yesterday at the clinic they did a peripheral blood smear. We will not know the results until Friday or Monday. It will tell us how much of Jerry's blood cells belong to his brother, Bob, and how many are Jerry's and if there are any leukemia blasts. They told us not to worry. Then when Jerry has recovered a little bit more, they will do another bone marrow biopsy. But they were very encouraging. They told us right now there is no indication of the leukemia.
We know we are going to get to share these dreams together. We are excited about the future and what the Lord has planned for us.
In the meantime, we do not have to go to the clinic today. We get the day off. We're going to be lazy like an old retired couple.
We love you and thank you so much for your prayers and love.
| Me and Mickey |
| Newburgh Country Store Newburgh,Indiana |
| My Dad, John Knight |
| The Cabin in Sebree, Kentucky |
oh my, Dear Paricia and Jerry, I loved your writing today. going down your memory lane with you was great. the best thing, you posted photos and that made all those places so real. i love taking trips down memory lane. we hope today has been a very special day for the two of you.
ReplyDeletelove and prayers from the hardees to you
Enjoyed your post! You both are such an encouragement. God bless and keep you in his tender care. Love & prayers,
ReplyDeleteThe Aldridge's
P.S. "Dr. Rice is awesome", per Taylar:)